Saturday, October 3, 2009

Braxton's Tantrum over a marshmallow


Braxton is going through a phase where he throws tantrums over EVERYTHING. Well today was his worst tantrum yet. In our house we have the kitchen blocked off with a gate so that he cant go in there and play with the dog food and water. When Braxton wakes up usually he will go to the gate and make his little noise that means he wants to go into the kitchen for breakfast. So this morning he starts crying and screaming and jumping up and down because he wanted to go into the kitchen. So I put him into his highchair and made him some breakfast. He is still screaming and crying and choking. He can't talk at all yet so he points to things. He kept pointing to something on the dishwasher. I just figured he wanted to get out and play in the kitchen. I let him play in the kitchen but he was still crying and pointing to something. I took him into the front room hoping he would calm down. The screaming and crying got louder and louder and he was choking even more. He was screaming so loud I have never heard a child scream that loud. So I decided that I would take him into the kitchen again. He ran over by the dishwasher and was pointing up. I picked him up and he pointed to the bag of marshmallows. I gave him to see if that was the problem and it was. He was so good and happy after I gave him the marshmallow. I couldn't believe it I was so annoyed. I really wish Braxton could talk it would really help.

2 comments:

Britanee Walker said...

i'm so sorry! rian actually threw a tantrum-she has kicking and screaming on her stomach because i closed her bedroom door. how long does it last? good luck!

Heidi said...

like your story.