Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July weekend




Ryan had to work in Nephi the 4th of July weekend so Braxton and I decided to tag along. Every year since I was a little girl I went to the Nephi city park for the 4th of July Carnival. It was something I always looked forward to. So I was so excited to be able to take Braxton this year. His favorite game there was the froggie pond. They had a water table set up that had froggies floating in it and you caught them with a net. It took him a couple times to get use to it but once he caught on it was hard to pull him away. We went to the park with my mom,Ashley, Aunt Anna, Uncle Rick, cousin Raidyn and cousin Madye. Raidyn and Madye took Braxton on a paddy wagon ride. I was worried that he would scream and try to jump out but he had a really good time. With the tickets braxton won from the froggie pond we were able to get him a couple of cute toys. I also got a giant foam hat for Ashley and I got my mom a pink camo hat (she wanted it to embarrass my dad).









Later that day we went up the canyon and celebrated Raidyn's birthday. It was nice to go up there and just relax and enjoy each others company. Recently Braxton has become more independent and he wants to get into everything. While we were there "relaxing" he decided it would be fun to play in the fire pit, mud and sprinklers. Lets just say by the end of the night he was pretty dirty. After dinner we went to watch the fireworks. It was raining and there was lightning. We thought it would blow over in time for the fireworks but it didn't so they canceled the fireworks.




Ashley stayed in Nephi with me on Saturday night. Sunday we decided it would be really fun to fill up my sd card for the camera. That would of been around 3,500 pictures. We drove around nephi taking pictures of Braxton at the park, our old house, buildings that we liked, and the fairgrounds. While we were out driving around my cameras battery died. We tried to find ways to charge the battery but we couldn't find a way. We were really bummed because we only got about fifty pictures. Oh well we had a lot of fun while it lasted. It was a really fun weekend but I was so glad to come home.

2 comments:

Just SO said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! Braxton is such a cutie. I took over 600 pictures this weekend. Crazy stuff.

BrOoKe said...

Hey Tania!! I was so happy to see that picture of your grandpa it makes me laugh everytime!! I was suprised to see Madye too lol! I was so excited to finally meet Braxton! Like I said hes cutie in real life too!