Monday, July 20, 2009

Girls Day Out (with Braxton)




Ryan has been needing some alone time for quite awhile and today he finally got it! Braxton and I went to Gardner Village with my mom and sister. My mom wanted to go to a purse store and I wanted to take Braxton to the petting zoo. The petting zoo was the first thing we did. Braxton went on a pony ride! I don't think he liked it much. He REALLY liked looking at the girl riding the horse behind us though. There were goats, pigs, cows, sheep, donkeys, and rabbits walking around. Braxton liked looking at the animals but he didn't want to touch them.



He found a pig he really liked to look at and I had a hard time getting him to leave. After the petting zoo we went to lunch. It was a pretty EMBARRASSING lunch. Braxton is the most stubborn person on the planet. If he doesn't get exactly what he wants he SCREAMS so loud until you give it to him. He loves to throw food, menus, forks, and whatever else he can get his hands on onto the floor. He especially loves to do it when he knows you don't want him too. So basically the entire lunch he was throwing a tantrum and making huge messes.




After our lunch we went shopping. Ashley and Braxton liked to wait outside in the shade while my mom and I shopped. My mom and sister didn't find anything they wanted but I did. I have been looking for a certain diaper bag and I finally found it. I was pretty excited. I know Braxton is 15 months and I don't really need a new diaper bag but it was way cute. On the way home Braxton fell asleep with a candy cane in his hand. He was way asleep but if you took that candy cane out of his hand he would wake up crying for it. It was hilarious. I had a fun day and was glad to get out of the house for a few hours.



This part is for you Dana. Over a year ago Dana (Ryan's mother-in-law) bought us a ceiling fan. Ryan has been resistant to put up the fan because last time he put up a fan his parents sold their house and he was afraid it was a curse. That as soon as he put ours up we would have to move. I guess the heat finally broke him down though. Thanks Dana our bedroom with be nice and cool.


2 comments:

Heidi said...

I didn't know gardner village had a petting zoo. I always thought it was just shopping. Guess I'll have to try it out sometime. Looks like you had fun.

rayanddanawalker said...

Way to go Ryan - It's about time. You could have been cool last summer.